Full-Time General Worker Wanted at Bridgestone Gaborone
Location: GABORONE, South Africa
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Location: Gaborone
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by “Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
We are looking for a General Worker // Tyre Fitter reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This role is based in Gaborone.
Tyre fitting and removal
- Correctly lift motor vehicle
- Utilise correct tools for the job
- Correctly fit tyres to rim
- Fit wheels on to motor vehicles correctly
- Match dual wheels correctly
- Report any defects to the Site Supervisor e.g. studs, washers, and wheel nuts
- Inflate tyres according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Apply safety standards
- Brand tyres
- Clean and paint rims before fitting tyres
- Torque wheel nuts to manufactures specifications
- Appropriate and timely communication with relevant parties
- Undertakes pressure and torque checks
- Advise Site Supervisor on appropriate action, who subsequently assists the customers
- Receive customers in a friendly manner and with a smile
- Always clean and presentable
Housekeeping and Asset Management
- Handles tools with care and correctly
- Ensures work area and yard are always clean
- Ensures machines & tools are always clean, and stored correctly and safely
- Ensures dressing rooms are always presentable and neat
- Responsible for ensuring company property is not damaged
Health and Safety
- Adheres to Health & Safety standards in the workplace and does not endanger other parties.
- Complies with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ensure Personal Safety Equipment and facilities provided by the company are in good and clean condition.
- Correctly complete tyre change slips for wheel changes and hands them in timely
- Prepares survey reports correctly and hands them in timely
- Clocks in and out at correct times as per shift by correctly signing the time register
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing that falls within the parameters of own line of duty.
- National Senior Certificate
- Basic English literacy
- Team player
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Closing Date: Ongoing
HOW TO APPLY
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
1394 total views, 4 today